Friday, August 21, 2009

What is the problem with Siblings?


I have three siblings, two brothers and a sister. I’m the youngest (and tallest!) at fourteen and they are all significantly older and “grown up” (You could say that). They are engaging in further education and travels. Travels to places all over the world, including America, Ireland, Spain, France, Ghana, Italy, Peru, South Korea and China (in a weeks time). I plan to follow in their footsteps, or footprints, carbon footprints unfortunately, by flying all over the world like a crazy fella. (Travel blog in order!)

Anyway, I have been living as an “only child” on and off (If it is possible to be an only child on and off) and I’ve been enjoying it! Having them home is better but after being the only child for a while you notice big differences when they come home, big nuisances!

Here are but a few that I care to mention which I think might make for reasonable posts in a short series of posts titled “What is the problem with siblings?” Check ‘em out then post what you think down below in the comment section (Appreciated all you loyal followers :) and pop over to the poll on the sidebar because I’m interested to know which sound the most interesting! Plus I may not use them all.

(Feel free to *Tut after each one ;)

What is the problem with siblings?

They eat my food! (Namely “The sugar puff incident” :O)

They sprawl themselves over the best seat in the house!

They steal particularly “Cool” items of my clothing. (My brothers)

They do not comment on my blog! (Maybe this will inspire them!)


They walk around the house half naked. (My brothers)

Walk around the house singing out of tune (I’m such a hypocrite ;)


...


*Tut

15 comments:

Sarah said...

comparing to my siblings, yours are like angels. check out "shelly called" on my blog. keep up the good work!

plainolebob said...

i won't even let my siblins near the house, bunch a pigs, why there wouldn't be nothin left to eat

dannyd said...

Hmmm...I'd like to learn more about this "sugar puff" incident lol! :P

http://dannysignifyingnothing.blogspot.com/2009/08/game-of-week-1.html

aynzan said...

what a bunch you got there! I miss my seven siblings because we all live in different corners ..

Anonymous said...

erm yes, we sing out of tune??? uh huh...haha. i notice they are all to do with brothers, i am the best one! ps, whats with your hair? mushys back!

JM said...

LOL. well, that's interesting. I only have a sister, she's 16...yesh, i'm the youngest one. I guess my parents decided to have only 2 kids, because it was hard for them to grow up with a family of 8 and even more. My mom's side of the family live at least one mile away, except for a family of 4 in Ireland, and so we're pretty close [us cousins]. My cousins and I, we're pretty much like siblings. I have 5 cousins in my generation, and 4 in a younger generation, and another baby cousin on the way.
But, you seem to have a cool life, I wish we could trade...

Colin said...

Thanks for the response you guys! :)


@Anonymous

I often find you taking up the best seat in the house!

And incase others are wondering mushy is how my Brothers and sister refer to my hair since it looks a bit like a mushroom! :P

Jessica Lt Tsang said...

Hahahaha! I am the oldest, got one brother... ANNOYING! Cheeky nine year olds that love attention seeking arghh!

jenskie said...

i have only one sister and no brother. but man, i agree with you...

http://jennyescano.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I am the middle child of 6. I love spending time with my sibs b/c we all live in different cities. But the baby is home alone and lives like an only child also. She loves it, my parents are much more calm with her than they were with the rest of us. But the baby is spoiled. She didn't know how to make eggs until she was like 12 or 14.

Colin said...

Thanks guys! Thank-you for all the stories and opinouns :D

thatxgreenxgirl said...

hey thanks for the comment on my blog! can u please follow my blog? thanks!!!!

http://thatxgreenxgirl.blogspot.com

Banksy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Banksy said...

I think for me the problem with siblings is that you cannot choose who they are!!!!

Unfortunately, my sister chose not to come to my wedding, something I could never forgive her for, and subsequently cut her out of my life.

Mind you, that's one less birthday & christmas card to write out each year!!

http://thedailybanksy.blogspot.com/

Carl Paolo said...

whoa, try travelling into the Philippines too! You could talk about culture shocks then. My siblings and I used to fight over chocolate bars and we end up competing against each other by buying the most chocolate bars.(I never win by the way. poverty haha) And yeah. What's the problem with siblings?!?



keep reading the PovertyPhone!

Post a Comment