Saturday, August 15, 2009

Pet peeve

A certain pet peeve of mine is people leaving the room to take a call and then talking really loud into the phone. I can just imagine the other person talking loudly on the other end of the phone and so you need to have the phone further away from your face. Thus you aren’t hearing a really loud telephone conversation but everyone else around you is hearing half of one!

Here is the situation,
*Phone rings* “Sorry I’ve got to take this”
*Leaves room*
You hear them from behind the door
“HELLO. YES IT IS ME. OK, THAT IS FINE. DON’T WORRY ABOUT IT. BYE, NO YOU HANG UP, I’M NOT HANGING UP! YOU HANG UP. I LOVE YOU MORE! SO YOU HANG…”
We can still bloody hear you!
*Re-enters room* “She hung up on me...”
We know Dammit, we heard the whole thing!

7 comments:

Kyrie said...

Ahh, yes...that happened to my sister this past week. A lady was on the phone next to my sister. My sister was READING a book and wanted quiet. So my sister stares at the lady and keeps staring at her.

The lady notices and decides to speak even louder.

My sister covers one ear and keeps on staring at her until finally, the lady's like "ALRIGHT FINE I'M SORRY."

So the lady moves away from her and sits ACROSS from my sister, and talks loudly again on her phone.

=__= Rude people these days.

Colin said...

Ye :D

Happens to every one. :P

Thank-you!

Banksy said...

Good blog, if they don't leave the room and carry on having the conversation, I always end up answering the questions they are asking on the phone, just to annoy THEM!

It always guarantees one of two things, they walk away from you or end the call!

http://thedailybanksy.blogspot.com/

Colin said...

lol, great idea!

Thanks for the input!

I should try that sometime :)

M said...

Damn that is rude.

Colin said...

Ye, very rude :S

Thanks for the comment :D

x..FaLLeN-oFf-ThE-fLoOr..x said...

haha you do make me laugh :D you've made my boring ass lessons entertaining :D in a good way of course.

i would 'follow' you but 1 i sound like a stalker and 2 i dunno how :D

i have 'posed' that question but no1 likes me enough to answer lol

don't think i'll get the hang of this anytime soon....
lol

Post a Comment